Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The first step on the way to becoming healthy

If you are one of those people who believe in the "Flatten your belly in 7 days!" kind of ads.... I am here to tell you, don't!

After reading much about it and committing to the gym 5 days a week, I can safely tell you, there is no such thing. However, do not despair. It is doable, just not in a week. It could take you up to 6 months. But, if  you commit to eating right and exercising, you will not be disappointed.
There is nothing more satisfying than seeing your body toning up and hearing people comment on how much better you look over time. Only two month after starting the gym, one of my friends asked me 'how I was loosing weight'. I wasn't. Still weighed 137 pounds, but my waist line was getting smaller, my calves thinner...etc, you get the point.

Now, to get to the 'how' do you achieve this.

Obviously, you need to eat right. But what does that actually mean? swear off junk and only eat organic? Not really, while I do recommend you swear off junk, for now, I would just suggest you increase your intake of fruits and vegetables per day. Try eating a small salad everyday, and if you can... make it a BIG one. Add an apple, dried cranberries, prunes... etc to your salad. I also like throwing in pumpkin seeds, pecans, or pine nuts....

Make sure to put in it a large spoon of apple cider vinegar, not only does it bring out the flavours, but its  healthy for you too...

Enjoy!

PS: please send me pics and recipes of your salads to add them to my recipe book!

No comments:

Post a Comment